Welcome to IMD Guest House!
For more information, to check availability or to make a reservation:
Call 312-996-1167 and speak to someone in our office or email Robin Chan, Guest Relations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Front Desk: 1933 W. Polk Street
Check-in is between 4:00PM and 12:00AM (Midnight)
Check-out is before 10:00AM on your scheduled departure date
Please return your keys to the Front Desk at 1933 W. Polk Street.
Click Here to see photos of our Guest Suites!
IMDGH is located on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago between Damen and Winchester Avenues on the south side of Polk Street. Guests are not able to access our facility from any other doors until after they have checked-in at 1933 W. Polk Street. Once guests are checked-in, they are welcome to use the entrance located at 809 S. Damen Avenue.
All guests must register at the Front Desk. Help us provide a secure environment for all our community members by registering at members of your party at the Front Desk.
Have a reservation?
To make check-in smoother, feel free to complete our guest registration packet ahead of time and bring them with you for check-in or email them back to email@example.com. They are also available at check-in in your Welcome Packet.
Things to Know Before You Arrive
- • IMDGF is strictly a lodging facility for patients and supportive loved ones. No medical staff or services are provided on sight. Patients must be accompanied by a caregiver or be able to care for themselves while staying at IMDGHF.
- • Parking is provided by the hospital the patient is receiving care at. Guests are responsible for their transportation to and from the Guest House and their care providers. Temporary metered parking is located just south of the entrance at 809 S. Damen Ave. This parking can be accessed through a service drive located immediately before Damen Ave. on the south side of the street and is marked with a white gate that will go up when a vehicle pulls up. Guests are responsible for any fees or tickets incurred while staying at IMDGHF.
- • Patients receiving care at Rush University Medical Center are able to access a free shuttle service between RUMC and IMD Guest House. Please call 312-942-5678.
- • Payment with a Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover card is preferred. Cash and check payment is not accepted at the Front Desk per university policy. Please contact the administrative office at 312-996-1167 to arrange for payment by cash or check Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM.
- • Guest rooms are fully furnished with basic towels, linens, dishes, cookware, and utensils. Guests are asked to bring food, medicine, and clothing.
Are you receiving care for cancer?
Please contact the American Cancer Society by calling 800-227-2345 or contacting your American Cancer Society Patient Navigator.
Who can make a reservation?
Patients and their family members that are receiving care at our partner hospitals; Rush University Medical Center, University of Illinois Hospital and Stroger Hospital of Cook County or patients receiving care at any Chicago area hospital with an American Cancer Society Referral.
Services and Amenities
- Queen bed and queen sleeper sofa
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, utensils, pots and pans
- Telephone, air conditioning, basic cable television, and wireless internet access (with e-mail address)
- Common Laundry facility
- Weekly linen and towel service
- Handicap accessible bathrooms
- Near to public transit
- Central location on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago
- On-site ATM
- Near to University of Illinois Student Center including:
- -- All-you-care to eat cafeteria
- -- A la carte Market Place
- -- Coffee Shop
- -- Subway Restaurant
- 24-hour security