Before You Arrive
IMD Guest House is strictly a lodging facility for patients and supportive loved ones. IMD Guest House is not licensed to provide medical services or to monitor individual guests. No medical staff or services are provided on sight.
Patients must be accompanied by a caregiver or be able to care for themselves while staying at IMD Guest House.
Guests must have advanced reservations.
Guest rooms are fully furnished with basic towels, linens, dishes, cookware, and utensils.
If a guest is staying more than 6 nights, a bed and bath linen exchange occurs once a week. We do not provide daily maid service or daily towel exchanges.
Guests are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of their room. Guests should bring laundry detergent and other cleaning supplies or purchase supplies at local stores upon arrival.
Guests should bring clothes, cleaning supplies, personal toiletry items and medicine.
Each guest room has a fully equipped kitchen; feel free to bring groceries including paper goods.
Laundry facilities are located onsite free of charge. We do not provide detergent.
Please review our Frequently Asked Questions and become familiar with our area.
IMD Guest House is located on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago between four major medical centers within the Illinois Medical District near the Tri-Taylor, Little Italy neighborhoods of Chicago. Please be respectful of our community members and keep in mind the following safety tips while staying with us:
- Please register all guests at the Front Desk. Do not let unidentified individuals into the building.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Use all your senses to be alert, and when walking alone, don’t wear headphones or earbuds.
- Remember to secure your belongings by locking your car doors and concealing any valuables
- Try to travel in groups when possible, particularly after dark
- Use well-lit walkways
- Look for the location of the nearest emergency call box (there are more than 1,500 on the campus of UIC)