The IMD Guest House Junior Board is a forum to create fun opportunities to engage with peers while supporting the Guest House mission, helping to make guests feel comfortable and welcomed. The JB does this through a combination of the following:
- Monthly membership meetings
- Regular fundraisers
- Volunteer opportunities
- Social networking
The JB was founded in 2014 and is an organization of volunteers who assist the IMD Guest House organization achieve its charitable mission. Most members are young Chicago professionals seeking to benefit their communities by leveraging their networks to support the Guest House.
Join the JB. The JB accepts candidates on a monthly basis. Below are the steps to becoming a JB member:
- Review membership requirements
- Complete application (Click Here)
- Committee member will reach out and schedule an interview
- After your interview, you are welcome to attend your first meeting
The following expectations are the minimum annual requirements to remain a member of good standing with the JB.
- Members may be excused from up to four meetings per year. Remote attendance via conference call is acceptable.
- Members may be excused from two events per year. Attendance recommendations for these events will be discussed and determined by the JB, IMDGH organization, and the IMDGH Board.
- Help coordinate one event per year. JB officers will appoint small committees to assist with the planning and execution of various JB events throughout the year.
- Participate in member recruitment, with the goal of recruiting one new JB member per year.
Monthly meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of every month. Please contact the JB if you are interested in attending and learning more about the JB!
- Le Colonial invites you to toast the end of summer at our August Tuesday Toast with Special Guest Bartender, Adam Helman on August 23 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. A percentage of the proceeds benefit the IMD Guest House Junior Board. RSVP at: BOLDFACECHICAGO.COM
Current Junior Board Membership
David Cades – Chair